Dates: October 15 - November 5
Our Goal: $15,000
This is a unique way for us to raise money for our school while making an impact in our community. During this fundraiser, students ask friends and family for donations via the online Raise Craze platform while paying it forward serving others. What a great way for us to teach our students the importance of kindness and gratitude while raising much needed funds. Students will spend time serving, not selling!
Every student can participate in Raise Craze by completing Acts of Kindness (AOK) so we’re aiming for 100% participation.
1. Enter your student’s name and join your student's class
2. Select at least 3 Acts of Kindness
3. Enter 5-10 email addresses of potential supporters. Raise Craze will send all emails, reminders and thank you notes. Emails will never be shared with third parties or used for marketing.
4. Log your Acts of Kindness and share your child's Raise Craze page and activities on social media.
5. Make sure you follow PS 81 on Facebook, where we will be posting PS81's #21daysofkindness
(We would love to feature our students in the #21daysofkindness campaign, email photos to PS81PA@gmail.com)
School-Wide Service Projects:
(1) Hebrew Home at Riverdale: The Hebrew Home has had very limited volunteers on-site since the beginning of the pandemic, and we will partner to have an outreach to the residents. Our students will be encouraged to make friendly videos, craft projects, and cards/letters.
(2) Humane Society of Westchester: The PA is organizing a supply drive for the following items:
- Feline Pine Litter
- Rubbing Alcohol, Distilled Water, Hydrogen Peroxide
- Unscented/sensitive skin Baby Wipes.
- Canned dog food (any brand).
- Canned cat food (any brand).
- Small Fleece Blankets for our cats and kittens
- Cleaning Supplies- paper towels, glass cleaner, dish soap, hand soap, bleach, sanitizing wipes.
(3) Canned food and Pantry Drive
Stay tuned for Pop-Up Parents' Association collection and craft sites!!
Prize Packs, Trophies, and the Leaderboard
All of our participating students will receive a prize. Every student will be working as a team with his or her class to track Acts of Kindness and Money Raised. Two trophies will be awarded in each grade for the class that (1) Raises the Most Money and (2) Logs the Most Acts of Kindness. The Leaderboard provides real-time results of how each class is performing.